Our aim is to provide timely and insightful analysis on the latest news and trends in the broadly defined area of chemical regulation, with a particular emphasis on regulations that effect consumer and industrial products and materials. While this blog is provided by the Environmental, Health, and Safety practice of Kelley Drye & Warren LLP in Washington, D.C., our focus will not simply be on federal U.S. developments, but will encompass relevant state and international issues as well. For example, we intend to highlight issues that we think are of particular interest to businesses – ranging from major manufacturers to consumer good distributors and retailers – in a variety of areas, such as:
- Implementation of the amended Toxic Substances Control Act (TSCA);
- California Proposition 65 and Safer Consumer Products programs;
- European Union regulations under REACH, CLP, and RoHS;
- State programs that identify and potentially restrict “chemicals of concern”;
- Pesticides and antimicrobial product regulations; and
- Classification and risk assessment/communication issues affecting industrial and consumer products.
We hope to provide updates that are current and informative, yet succinct and readable. The goal is not to provide a legal treatise or a comprehensive catalog of all developments, but, rather, to impart information and analysis that is thought-provoking or, at least, helpful to you in assessing whether the issue is one that merits closer examination. If there are any topics you would like us to cover, please don’t hesitate to reach out and let us know.
Finally, yes, the primary author of the blog in fact is named Joe Green. Accordingly, the title Kelley Green Law blog was irresistible. We hope you enjoy it!